Recent research showed that some of our children of 5 yrs old today could live as long as 150 yrs old.
Currently retirement can last 30 years or more and failing to act could cost us a better quality of life in our golden years. Pensions don’t have to be high-risk investments in stocks and shares. You can invest in other assets like cash, gilts, commercial property *, fine wines or even environmental funds such as Agricultural land* – and still get valuable tax relief.
From April 2015, it will be easier than ever to access your money from your retirement plans with the introduction of new, far more flexible pensions legislation.
There are some key questions you need to ask yourself to help you and us work towards planning for your retirement
- when do you want stop working?
- how much in todays money will you need each month to be able to have a decent quality of life?
- who else will be dependent on your income after retirement?
- do you have any health problems?
- how much investment risk can you accept to achieve your goals?
Your life Your needs Your goals.
*Funds that invest in property and land can be difficult to sell and you may not be able to sell/cash in this type of investment when you want to. The value of property is generally a matter of valuer’s opinion rather than fact.